Weight loss is something people are desperate for; they will take expensive pills, do a fad diet or even starve themselves for the “perfect body.” Proper nutrition must be overlooked in order to lose weight, but calorie deprivation will eventually happen and the tendency to binge will occur. Luckily, belly fat is easier to lose since it is metabolically active. Eating a calorie controlled diet and at least 60 minutes of daily exercise will result in weight loss. Intense aerobic exercise will result to being leaner around the abdomen. The most important part of exercising is keeping your body’s metabolism up so that the body continuously burns calories and prevents it from gaining unnecessary weight.
The importance of exercise
Most people believe that the process of weight loss all depends on the amount of calories taken in and the amount burned; if you burn more calories than taken in, you’ll lose weight. Although that is partially true, it is actually the lean muscle mass underneath body fat that allows more intake of calories without weight gain. Losing weight without exercising decreases your lean body mass, which then slows your metabolism and cause weight gain; that is because the body adapts to changes it undergoes.
Below are the top five belly exercises:
1. The Bicycle Exercise -Targeting abdomen and obliques. Get into supine position, preferably with hands behind your head; bring your knees to your chest. Lift shoulders off the floor. Slowly bring your left elbow towards your right knee as you straighten your left leg. Switch sides and continue the motion. 1-3 sets with 12-16 reps.
2. The Captain’s Chair Leg Raise – A captains chair is required, which is a rack padded for your arms to support you up and your legs are to hang freely. Lean back against the chair and raise knees to the chest, then lower them back down. 1-3 sets with 12-16 reps.
3. Exercise Ball Crunch – An exercise ball is required for this exercise. Lay on the ball with your lower back completely supported. With your hands behind your head, lift the torso off the ball. Contract your abs so they are pulling at the bottom of the rib cage near the hips. Keep the ball stable as you curl, then lower your back to stretch your abs. 1-3 sets with 12-16 reps.
4. Vertical Leg Crunch – Similar to a leg crunch, except your legs will be straight up. This exercise forces the abs to work and add intensity to the routine. Lay on the floor with legs straight up and knees crossing. Hands should be placed beneath head for support. Left shoulders off the ground and keep legs in a fixed position to crunch. 1-3 sets with 12-16 reps.
5. Long Arm Crunch – Lie on the floor and extend arms straight behind you, clasping them and keeping them next to your ears. Slowly lift shoulders off the floor and keep the arms straight. 1-3 sets with 12-16 reps.
For women that are serious about weight loss, you need to get your FREE 20% Off Gift Card and also try out my FREE Revolutionary Rapid Fat Loss System which is a turn-key bulletproof plan for reaching your weight loss goals. You can click here to get instant access to this program and take some action on getting your body back.
If you’re serious about Personal Training, you can use the 20% off gift card when you contact me directly to set up a meet n’greet to see if we would be a good fit for the goals you are working towards